There are many not-for-profit and government agencies that provide a wide range of services to assist people with chronic illness and disability.
- Adelaide Metro accessibility and tips
- Free public transport options within the city
- Safer travel for passengers using mobility aids on public transport
- Wheelchair access
- Mobility pass Metro Card Special pass application for people who can not use the ticket validation system
- Concession Cards
- Many local councils provide door-to-door transport for eligible residents to local shops, shopping complexes, libraries, cinemas, community events. Some also provide day trips.
Contact your local council for details in your area.
- Companion Card
- For those on the NDIS, you can apply for a SA Transport Subsidy Scheme (SATSS) including a Plus One Free Companion card.
- Motor vehicle registration and driver's license concession
- Disability parking permit
- Adelaide City Council free parking permits
- Tips and advice for travellers with a disability
- A guide to accessible tourism for people with disability
- If you plan to travel outside Australia and receive a government pension or allowance, check the number of weeks you can be absent from Australia without affecting your income.
Mobility Allowance: You may be eligible if you have a disability and need to travel for work or study, including voluntary work.
Last edited: 10 December, 2020