Domestic Assistance

There are many not-for-profit and government agencies that provide a wide range of services to assist people with chronic illness and disability.

The largest providers of in-home assistance are:

  • National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for under 65 year olds.
  • Aged Care packages for people over the age of 65, or younger people whose NDIS application was unsuccessful.

There are a variety of other subsidised services available through your local council or other agencies, including the RDNS (formerly Domiciliary Care).

General information


  • Meals on Wheels
  • Community Meals: Centres that provide free or low cost meals.
  • Anglicare Food: Subsidised groceries and meals, and emergency food.
  • Contact your local council for details of their subsidised meals programs.

Last edited: 08 August, 2022