There are many not-for-profit and government agencies that provide a wide range of services to assist people with chronic illness and disability.
Housing options including emergency housing
SA Government services
Affordable SA also provides a list of a wide range of government and non-government housing options.
General information for tenants
- Tenants' Information and Advisory Service offers a website, plus a free email and telephone advisory service
- Renting advice from Consumer and Business Services
Financial assistance for housing
- Affordable SA provide links to a range of financial support for both purchase and rent
- Housing SA help with paying bond and rent
- Commonwealth rent assistance
When coming to Adelaide for hospital care
- The hospital you are attending may provide some options
- Country patients who live more than 100 km away may be eligible for financial assistance towards the cost of travel and accommodation under the Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS)
Designing or adapting a home for disability
- Design standards for building or adapting a home for disability
Short stay accommodation
There are private assisted living centres that provide short stay accommodation, including meals.
Last edited: 09 June, 2023