Event on 07 August, 2021
Seminar: Marie-Claire Seeley, Clinical Nurse Consultant
Topic: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) in ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Post-Acute COVID Syndrome (PACS) and hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS).
Marie-Claire is a Clinical Nurse Consultant who, with Cardiologist, Dr Dennis Lau, leads a multi-disciplinary practice which specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) in Adelaide.
With her own 25 years of personal experience with POTS and hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS), Marie-Claire is passionate about research. She has been instrumental in the formation of The Australian POTS Foundation, which is committed to improving outcomes for those with POTS by raising funds for improved research, advocacy and support for those living with POTS.
Marie-Claire spoke on the topic of POTS in ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, PACS and hEDS.
She was an interesting speaker and provided a thorough, informative and detailed talk, demonstrating significant experience and a broad knowledge of the topic.
Members will be able to access a written summary of her talk, the video, as well as the slides from her presentation, in Member Resources.
- Seeley MC, Thynne TR, Braund WJ, Worthley DL, Gallagher C, Sanders P, et al. Desmopressin as a novel long-term treatment in postural tachycardia syndrome patients with polyuria. Am J Med. 2021.
- Seeley M-C, Lau DH. Raising the bar in postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome research: Evidence and challenges. Autonomic Neuroscience. 2021:102790.
- Seeley, M.-C., McKenna, L., & Hood, K. (2015). Graduate nurses’ knowledge of the functions and limitations of pulse oximetry. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24(23-24), 3538-3549. doi: 0.1111/jocn.13008
- 2021: “Standing up to POTS” Research Grant - $100 000 (USD): Long Covid Syndrome and POTS
- 2021: The Awesome Foundation Grant $1000: POTS patient video
Last edited: 01 September, 2021